"There's a lot of classic Lois Lane in you." -- Jonathan Katz
Julie Seabaugh grew up on a farm in rural Missouri. She’s since visited all 50 states, lived in Las Vegas, Los Angeles twice and New York City three times (four if you count a summer internship). Way back in 2003, she founded and edited the criminally ahead of its time print and online comedy magazine Two Drink Minimum.
Seabaugh previously served as A&E staff writer at Las Vegas Weekly and has contributed to Rolling Stone, GQ, Variety, Entertainment Weekly, The A.V. Club, The Village Voice, The Huffington Post, Spin, Revolver, Budget Travel, Vulture, Paste, Alternative Press, Time Out New York, Time Out Chicago, L.A. Weekly, Seattle Weekly, Nashville Scene, Kansas City Pitch, St. Louis’s Riverfront Times, Phoenix New Times, Dallas Observer, Denver’s Westword, Houston Press, Miami New Times and The Las Vegas Sun.
- Advisory Board member of 2017's inaugural Crapshoot Comedy Festival in Las Vegas
- 2015 Nevada Press Association Award for Las Vegas Weekly Amazing Johnathan cover profile. Judges: "It’s obvious the author is a wordsmith. Every sentence is well thought out. It’s full of lively adjectives and truly paints a picture of what the Amazing Johnathan looks like, what he’s experiencing and how he got to his current state. I felt like he was sitting next to me, boisterously telling his story."
- Official bios for Todd Barry, Doug Stanhope, Aparna Nancherla, John Heffron, Jon Fisch, Ahmed Bharoocha, Joe Zimmerman and more
- Festival judging/coverage/panelist/misc. includes the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Just for Laughs Montreal, SXSW, San Francisco Sketchfest, New York Comedy Festival, Sasquatch, Grand Rapids' Gilda's LaughFest, Montana's Big Sky Comedy Festival, Austin's Moontower, Portland's Bridgetown, the Seattle International Comedy Competition, Riot L.A., Nashville's Wild West Comedy Festival, Atlanta's Laughing Skull, Santa Monica's Westside Stand-up Showdown
- Bachelor of Journalism degree (with Honors) from the University of Missouri, post-grad Certificate in Digital Publishing from NYU